Wheatley Sadownik Law Office
Owned and Operated by Rostyk Sadownik P.C.
Rostyk Sadownik has been providing affordable, quality legal services to Albertans throughout the past 50 years. Rostyk Sadownik has over 50 years of Civil and Criminal Trial experience; his professional expertise, education and passion for law will serve you well in the service you require.
Rostyk practiced at all levels of Court in Alberta – Provincial Court, Court of Queen’s Bench, Alberta Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada in both civil and criminal matters.
General Practice consists of, but are not limited to:
- Business Law – serve individuals, partnerships, corporation, joint ventures and trusts with respect to all business related matters.
- Criminal and Regulatory Law – representation in all aspects of criminal and regulatory law. Expertise and extensive experience to fully defend individuals, groups and corporations, in relation to all Criminal Code and regulatory offences.
- Litigation – services provided to individuals, regulated professionals, partnerships, institutions and corporations to help resolve any legal disputes, in hearings before administrative tribunals and federal/provincial courts in Alberta and in matters involving; professional regulation, occupational health and safety, environmental, human rights, occupier’s liability, negligence and commercial litigation.
- Family Law – legal services provided in family law including separation agreements, divorce and custody, preparation of cohabitation agreements, Child and Spousal support, possession of the matrimonial home and equalization of matrimonial property.
- Medical Malpractice – Medical professionals are valued and respected, but the rights of our clients whose lives have been impacted by acts of carelessness, oversight or negligence are not.
- Wills and Estates – Estate planning advice to individuals, preparation of wills, trusts and powers of attorney. Also provide services in area of probate and administration of estates.
- Labour & Employment – public and private sector clients on a wide range of employment issues, hiring/dismissal, collective agreements, management and union relations.
- Real Estate Transactions – provide services in connection with the purchase, sale, mortgaging and refinancing of real estate.
- Personal Injury – competent legal advice provided when you are seriously injured, you are entitled to receive fair financial compensation for your loss.
A bit about Rostyk:
Rostyk was born in Edmonton and attended school in Grassland, Alberta. He graduated from the University of Alberta, BA LLB (1960) and was admitted to the Law Society of Alberta in 1961. Rostyk has been married for over 40 years and enjoys all types of theatre and has a deep passion for reading, in particular Shakespeare’s plays/poetry, detective and historical novels. Rostyk describes himself as an excellent cribbage player.
Professional Qualifications & Associations
- Admitted to the Law Society of Alberta (1961)
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Author, Criminal Jury Trial Handbook (1980) Butterworth & Co.
- Publications, Interest on Trust Accounts, The Non Waiver Agreement and The Criminal Jury Trial Handbook
Community Activities (past and current)
- President, St. Albert Provincial Liberal Association (1988-1990)
- Treasurer, Ukrainian Canadian Professional and Business Federation (1984)
- President, Ukrainian Professional and Business Club of Edmonton (1980)
- Past Chairman, Civil Liberties Section, Canadian Bar Association
If you require legal advice or information, please contact Rostyk on his direct line.
Direct line: (780) 702-0438